Sunday, November 27, 2005

I went to the Gun Range today and fired a gun that looked like that, which is to say it looked like every other gun to my Canadian eyes. Before they gave me the gun I had to go through their infallible security system of paying $10 and giving them my drivers license. No loopholes there. Apparently entire families like to shoot guns together. This place put Chuck E. Cheese out of business. I'm having my next birthday party there. I saw a kid that looked to be about 9-years-old firing a gun as long as he is tall. I'll sleep safe knowing he won't be able to pull off a drive-by for another 7 years, unless he uses his bicycle, though he'd probably fall off when he fired the first shot. The shooting itself was okay. I'd rate it somewhere below bowling. It would have been better if I got to shoot something other then paper targets. You have to take some lessons before they let you shoot the Blacks, queers and cripples.
